TED-AI Home Page
TED Conversationalist and Translator Program
This is the home page for the TED-AI opensource project.
Click here for a printable version (without the colours, etc.).
(After printing, use your browser's Back button to get back to here.)
Hi there from Robert!
I am just getting started on making this TED project open source. Previously the C++ program code was on my computer
but now I am trying to separate out the data itself into one project called ILEX, the library to use the database along with some other tools
into ILEX Tools, and the final program into this project.
I'm just learning about SourceForge.net and how to use the facilities, so please be patient with me (or else offer to help me).
I am looking to make the program more comprehensive, more general and more universal and to get others involved in helping add to this code.
- Extracted from the ABOUT page of the current TED Program: "TED (which originally stood for Tagalog/English Dialogger) is a multilingual toy designed to allow the user to play with languages.
In converse mode it tries to communicate with the user (a little bit like the original Eliza program), but translate mode allows it to translate words and sentences.
ILEX (Interlexical) mode is to have fun exploring relationships between words. Finder mode is designed to help with crossword puzzles and word games.
TED was started by Robert Hunt in 1989 in the C computer language, and eventually converted to MFC for MS-Windows.
In early 2005 it was converted to QT3 for Linux and then it was upgraded mid-year to QT4."
- And now in January 2008, it begins the journey of being split into three component projects and opened up on SourceForge.net for others to be involved in...
Main Features of TED-AI
- CONVERSATION: Able to have a simple (typed) conversation with a user in various languages. (Similar to the old Eliza program but multilingual and parsing the sentences more intelligently.)
- TRANSLATION: Able to translate words, phrases and sentences between languages.
Technical Details of TED-AI
- LANGUAGE: Written in C++.
- TOOLSET: Using QT4.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Developed under Linux but intended to be multi-platform.
- VERSIONING: Using Subversion on SourceForge.net.
Related Projects (also on SourceForge)
- ILEX: The actual ILEX multilingual database project in an SQL Database.
- ILEX TOOLS: The library used by the TED program to access the ILEX database along with some other tools such as a multilingual spell-checker.
- Put more useful general information on this webpage.
- Separate out and upload some of the present code out of my existing TED program.
- Try to make the program more general, i.e., more table-driven if possible.
- Make an icon for this project.
- Learn about packaging for multiple Linux distributions.
- Learn about packaging for multiple platforms.
This page last updated: Thursday, 7 February 2008
Copyright © 2008—Robert—All Rights Reserved